COVID – 19 & Contact Lenses:
Wearing your contact lenses are safe during COVID-19 as long as you keep following health and safety guidelines for contact lens care. Following your doctors recommendations like washing your hands, continuing your replacement schedule (i.e. 1 day, 2 weeks, 1 month) and proper cleaning instructions (i.e. rinsing, rubbing, and soaking with multipurpose solution, or deep cleaning with Clear Care) is KEY.
***To promote social distancing during the pandemic, our patients have the ability to order more contact lenses through our online store and have the lenses shipped directly to your home. You can also order contact lens solutions and eye drops from the online store. Shipping is FREE on all year supply contact lens orders*** https://crystal-vision-clinic.myeyestore.com/
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU. We have limited hours (11am-3pm M-F) and have doctors available (1pm-3pm M-F) for urgent and emergency concerns. A great way to communicate with your doctor is through your patient portal. We have staff available during the limited hours answering phones, taking contact lens orders, etc.
Thank you for supporting our small business. Stay safe and be well!
Crystal Vision Clinic
With today’s technology, nearly everyone can wear contact lenses successfully, whether the patient is nearsighted, farsighted, has astigmatism, or even qualifies for bifocals. Our staff will take the time to explain and recommend a lens that best fits your lifestyle.
It is very important for you to understand that the contact lens prescription is regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and needs to be assessed on a yearly basis.
Not all patients can wear contact lenses due to individual medical conditions, such as severe allergies, low tear production (dry eyes), or even chronic eye infections. However, depending on the cause, we may still be able to fit you in a suitable lens. Several approaches can be taken that may allow you to wear lenses, such as the new silicone-based lens materials, moisture drops, punctal plugs and/or simply switching solutions.
Any follow-up appointments regarding the fit of your contacts will be covered by our service agreement. Crystal Vision Clinic also offers all contact lens patients a 25% discount off any non-prescription sunglasses.
To ensure the best quality in lenses and service, give us a call to see how we can help you be a successful contact lens wearer.
Contact Lens Wearers
There are two categories of contact lens patients: (1) Medically indicated and (2) elective.
Elective Contact Lens Wearer
Most contact lens wearers fall under the “elective” category. People in this category have chosen to wear contact lenses for cosmetic, fashion, or vocational reasons.
Medically Indicated Contact Lens Wearer
On the other hand, some people cannot achieve clear, comfortable vision with spectacles due to certain eye diseases or very high prescriptions. Only when contact lenses are worn can these patients achieve good vision. These contact lenses are deemed medically indicated for these patients.
If you have been referred for medically indicated contact lens care from your eye care provider, please call the center directly at 763-537-3213. When scheduling your appointment, please inform the clerk that you were referred for medically indicated contact lens care.
Elective Contact Lens Care
Based upon staffing, resources, and demand for optometric care, Crystal Vision Clinic has established the following policies governing elective contact lens care:
– If you are a current contact lens wearer, your doctor may update your contact lens prescription if the following conditions are met:
- You bring your contact lenses the day of your exam.
- You bring your contact lens prescription information the day of your exam. (The easiest way to provide this information is to bring the original boxes, packages, or vials. Your glasses prescription will NOT provide the necessary information to update your contact lens prescription.)
- The contact lens fit is acceptable.
- Your eyes are not experiencing any adverse reactions to contact lens wear.
- You follow your doctor’s guidance regarding contact lens cleaning and wearing schedule.
- You agree to maintain a pair of spectacles with a current prescription.
– If you have never worn contact lenses, we will not issue you a contact lens prescription. A contact lens prescription can only be issued after lenses have been fit properly to the eyes and follow-up care shows that they provide good vision, comfort, and eye health.
– Patients who have worn contact lenses in the recent past, but are not current wearers should bring as much information as possible about their previous contact lens prescription.
Corneal Reshaping Treatment (CRT)
Advanced Vision Enhancement
Millions of patients have proven the success of contact lenses in correcting their vision. However, did you know that there exists a special type of contact lens you sleep in to correct your vision during the day?
Corneal Reshaping Therapy, or CRT, is a sophisticated procedure that utilizes specially designed therapeutic contact lenses for the correction of nearsightedness. CRT contact lenses are worn while you sleep to gently and non-surgically reshape the cornea. Upon awakening, one removes the contact lenses to allow for clear, uncorrected vision during the waking hours.
This reshaping is temporary, and can be adjusted for prescription changes. If the lenses are not worn for several days, the vision returns to its original state. This is a great option for children too young for laser vision correction, but desiring to be free of glasses or contact lenses during the waking hours.
• Order Contact Lenses Online
We have secure, online ordering of your contact lenses. Find out more.